We believe that it is our responsibility to introduce preschoolers to their Heavenly Father. So before they leave our classrooms, we want them to know:
God loves me
God made me
Jesus wants to be my friend forever
Every month we focus on one of these three basic truths. Each week your children will learn a Bible story and participate in fun, creative activities that teach the one key truth for the month. If you would like to know what your children are learning, please pick up a copy of the Parent Cue card located in the atrium. You are the best teacher for your children, so use the activities to talk about God all week at home. Sunday morning is divided into several segments:
As soon as they walk in the door, they participate in open play time. Several fun and creative activities will be offered as children arrive.
They will then hear a creative presentation of the Bible story and participate in worship, where they are encouraged to sing and dance and interact with their leaders.
Following the worship and story time, they will go to small groups where they participate in games, craft and snack activities that reinforce the Bible story and the Bible point of the month through hands-on experience.
Please read the information below to help us make sure your child’s day with us is GREAT
- Classroom doors will open 15 minutes before each service.
- We offer animal crackers in the Threes and Fours & Fives room classroom regularly.
- A variety of snacks can be served, usually tied to that week’s lesson. These snacks will be listed outside the classroom door each week. If your child has any allergies or special dietary needs and cannot eat what we have provided, please inform the teachers and we will try to offer a safe alternative.
- Our classrooms are equipped with kid-size bathrooms with ½ doors. Volunteers are always in-view if they are needed to assist the children in the bathrooms.
- Try not to bring toys from home, as it is very difficult to keep up with them and it causes unnecessary stress for the kids when they are asked to share with other children.
- Please label all items that belong to your children.
Your three-year-old can be promoted to the Fours & Fives when they reach their 4-year-old birthday. Your five-year-old will be promoted to the K-6th Elementary program in the fall that they enter Kindergarten.